Where's Joe Contest Rules
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The WHERE’S JOE Contest will begin 1/30/12 and end when the contest is terminated.
- To participate in the contest, users will click on the WHERE’S JOE contest graphic located on the home page or contest page of www.b1039.com. They must enter the location where they think the picture of Joe was taken. They must correctly name the location to be entered into the contest drawing for that week. Each contestant may only make one guess per week.
- Weekly photos will be posted from Monday until Sunday. Photos will be changed out every Monday for the duration of the contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This contest is open to all WXKB-FM listeners who are 13 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry or Glades Counties. Must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of Florida residency to qualify.
- Employees of the WXKB-FM, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades Counties and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
- Each week, one winner will receive a prize of at least a $20 value.
- Prizes will change each week and will be posted on the contest page with the photo for that week.
- Prize is not transferable and may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- One winner will be randomly selected from all correct entries each Monday for the duration of the contest.
- The winner will be notified by phone/email no later than Tuesday of the week of which they are chosen as the winner.
- Decisions of WXKB-FM management with respect to the contest are final.
- WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the year.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, contestant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless WXKB-FM, its licensee, affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the contest from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the WXKB-FM. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in WXKB-FM’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold WXKB-FM, its licensee, parents, affiliates, assigns, successors and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any person who refuses to sign the release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- WXKB-FMwill be excused from its obligation to air the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- WXKB-FM, its licensee, affiliates, parents, assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of WXKB-FM management with respect to the contest are final.
- WXKB-FM reserves the right to end a contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at Station’s website.
- WXKB-FM reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- WXKB-FM is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases WXKB-FM, its sponsors and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- WXKB-FM is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. WXKB-FM is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and WXKB-FM is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, listeners agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WXKB-FM.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information and WXKB-FM will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. WXKB-FM will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and WXKB-FM will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of WXKB-FM and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WXKB-FMat 20125 S. Tamiami Trail Estero, FL 33928, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to WXKB-FM.
WXKB-FM is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
WXKB-FM and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by WXKB-FM, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
WXKB-FM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. WXKB-FM, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
WXKB-FM, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the WXKB-FM website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. WXKB-FM further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.