The Internship Program for Beasley Media Group radio stations WXKB-FM, WJPT, WRXK-FM, WWCN, WRXK-HD2 and WJBX is a non-salaried position that is designed to give students hands-on experience with the various aspects of radio.
The program is available to students, working for academic credit, who are able to work 10-15 hours per week for twelve weeks. Interns are trained and supervised by the department manager for the particular station(s) you are assigned (i.e. Sales/Programming Promotions, Digital / IT/Engineering). Interns must be resourceful and willing to initiate projects. Good communication skills and attention to detail are important. Knowledge of social media is a plus.
Are you looking to get radio broadcasting/marketing experience as part of your college course program?
Required skills necessary for this opportunity:
- A college junior or senior with at least 2 years of design experience and content creation/management
- Shooting & editing video and audio is a MUST
- Must be able to update multiple social networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience in WordPress a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and schedules
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A love for music and writing is preferred
Opportunity to work directly in the radio industry and digital environment
This is an unpaid internship that must be done for approved credits only; you must be based in Estero, FL.
If interested, please email Melvin.Vigo@bbgi.com with your resume and your answers to these three questions:
- What is your experience with content creation and social media?
- Give me three ideas you would implement for local content to any of our stations?
- What’s your goal with this internship?