Mental Health Resources: Where To Get Free / Low Income Treatment
Mental Health effects many individuals, but many who truly suffer from Mental Health cannot get the help they need because of money.
There are many resources where you can get assistance for being a low-income individual, as well as free treatment, but there are few places that actually have pulled together the information and put it in one place.
Below are some links that can be helpful for individuals in this area.
- This database offers medical services of all sorts based on your locations. The clinics aren’t all free that are listed, and the site urges users to contact the clinic directly to find out more information.
- Mental Health America shares information from The Partnership for Prescription Assistance, Together RX Access, and also suggests to contact your local and/or state Mental Health America office.
- Another resource to look for Free or Low Income Clinic information by entering your location.
- Youth and Family Services focuses on health and wellness, and the information shared on their site includes Individual counseling for adults, couples, child, school-based support, and short-term residential treatment for teens in crisis.
- Doctors that you have access to online have been all the rage as of late, especially with how busy many people are. You can set up online appointments and video chat with health care professionals, and all for a fraction of the cost of a typical doctor.
With these resources available, hopefully, more people will use them, rather than worry about the cost.