Charlotte County Fire & EMS has suspended emergency response to calls for service due to hazardous weather conditions.
For Hurricane Ian information, call the Charlotte County Emergency Operations Center at 941-833-4000.
Additionally, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office and City of Punta Gorda first responders have suspended emergency response to calls for service due to hazardous weather conditions. 911 will still be operational during this time, and calls will be triaged for response as soon as weather conditions permit.
For sheltering in place, you should be prepared to do the following:
- Select a small, interior room, with no or few windows.
- Close and lock all windows and exterior doors.
- Turn off all fans and air conditioning systems.
- Bring your pets inside, and do not allow pets to go outside until the danger has passed.
- Fill your bathtub with water to clean and flush toilets.
- It is ideal to have a hard-wired telephone in the room you select. Call your emergency contact and have the phone available if you need to report a life-threatening condition. Cellular telephone equipment may be overwhelmed or damaged during an emergency.
- Keep listening to your radio or television until you are told all is safe or you are told to evacuate.
Charlotte County Updates:
2022 Hurricane Central - Preparedness Guide